Summer flew by, and I neglected to post anything on this site for a few months. But lots of exciting things have happened since my last post, here are some of the highlights:
- I was elected to the Board of Directors of the Canadian Independent Recording Artists' Association (CIRAA): www.ciraa.ca. Very excited about that, and I will post more news and info about CIRAA in the coming weeks, including some reviews of The New Indie Podcast series.
- I was elected to the Board of Directors of the English Language Arts Network (ELAN): www.quebec-elan.org
- As Program Director of the St-Ambroise Terrace, we hosted lots of great music events this summer, including:
- The Montreal Folk Festival, featuring Kathleen Edwards, Craig Cardiff and many more.
- United Steel Workers of Montreal & Charlotte Cornfield (this show was probably the highlight of my 3 years as program director so far!)
- Funk N’ Jazz Festival, featuring The Franco Proietti Morph-tet and Vanessa Rodrigues (Vanessa was my discovery of the summer, what an incredible talent!)
- Weekly Jazz Nights, featuring Apartment 5, TAKK, Kurt Skjaevestad Trio, Beavan Flanagan Trio
- Monthly DJ night featuring Ghostbeard and Poirier
- As a member of the Board of Directors of Folquebec, I oversaw the selection of artists for the Folquebec showcase at the OCFF conference in October.
Now with that house cleaning done, some current news is on the way...